- Beets are high in manganese (required for healthy bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas)
- Beets are high in potassium (helps ensure healthy nerve and muscle function).
- Foods rich in naturally-occurring nitrates, like beets, improves endurance during exercise.
- Raw beets contain betaine, a natural anti-inflammatory that helps protect against aging and disease.
- The phytonutrient that gives beets their rich purplish color is also an anti-cancer compound.
- The fiber found in beets helps protect against cancer.
- Beets are high in vitamin C, which boosts the immune system.
- Beets are high in the B-complex vitamin folate which when consumed by pregnant women have been shown in many studies to reduce the risk of birth defects in the baby.