For 12 Muffins:
130 g spelt flour
65 g almond flour
100 g coconut sugar
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
60 g butter / coconut oil
120 ml buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
160 g fresh blueberries
For the topping:
60 g coconut sugar
40 g buckwheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- For the topping: stir together the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add the butter, and use your fingers, cut the butter into the sugar mixture until you have crumbs. Set aside.
- For the muffins: line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour and use a spatula to mix until incorporated.
- Drop in the blueberries and mix a little bit more (do not overmix!).
- Distribute the batter into the prepared muffin pan and sprinkle with the topping.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool before eating.