For 10 servings
1,5 kg carrots (keep 2 aside)
2 cloves of garlic
6 oranges (keep 1 aside)
2 tbsp freshly grated turmeric
salt & pepper to taste
- Peel the carrots (keep 2 carrots aside for decoration) and onion and cut them in big pieces.
- Heat some olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add in chopped garlic and onion, and saute until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the carrots and put under water.
- Add grated turmeric and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 25 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Topping: cut the 2 carrots in thin slices and bake them in some olive oil until soft and golden.
- Squeeze the oranges and keep 1 aside.
Cut the 1 orange for topping à vif (it means that you only use the flesh of the orange and not the skin)
- Once the soup is ready, add the orange juice and mix the soup until smooth.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Pour the hot soup in bowls and finish with the carrots and oranges.