For around 10 muffins
120 ml coconut oil – melted
150 ml date syrup or maple syrup
70 g raw cacao
1 raw beetroot – peeled
220 g almond meal
a big pinch of salt
2 tbsp baking soda
60 g dark chocolate
30 ml coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Chop the beetroot in big pieces and pulse in a food processor until it is finely chopped.
- In a big bowl break the eggs and beat.
- Add almond meal, salt, cacao and baking soda and stir until combined.
- Add melted coconut oil, date syrup and chopped beetroot.
- Stir until completely combined.
Grease a muffin tray with oil. (coconut oil or butter)
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- In the meantime make the topping: melt chocolate in a saucepan on very low heat. Once it’s melted, remove from the heat and pour in coconut cream and beat until combined. Leave to cool for a few minutes then continue to beat until its smooth and glossy.
- Spoon a little bit of the topping on each muffin and leave to cool.
-> For extra vitamins: top with fresh raspberries: