130 g almond meal
60 g coconut blossom sugar
40 g cacao powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla powder
65 g butter
100 g dark chocolate (80%)
1 sweet pear (peeled, quartered & cores removed)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and butter in bowl of electric mixer and whisk on high speed for 5 mins until light and fluffy.
- Melt the dark chocolate on a low heat.
- Add beaten eggs, almond meal, cacao powder, baking powder and melted chocolate to the butter and whisk until combined.
- Spoon mixture into a tin lined with baking paper.
- Evenly arrange pears cut side down and push into mixture so that it rises quarter of the way up the pears.
- Bake cake for 1 hour 15 mins.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool in tin.