1 roasted eggplant *
250 g couscous
3 dl vegetable stock
250 g chickpeas, soaked overnight
2 peeled tomatoes
seeds from 1 pomegranate
a handful of fresh cilantro
10 fresh mint leaves
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp ras el hanout
pepper and salt
*Cut the eggplant lengthwise in two, season with pepper, salt and olive oil and roast in an oven on 180°C until soft and brown.
- Drain and wash the chickpeas. Boil them in water with salt for about an hour until soft.
- Cut the eggplant and tomatoes in small pieces.
- Boil the vegetable stock and pour over the couscous. Let stand for five minutes. Transfer the couscous to a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Let the couscous cool to room temperature.
- Chop the cilantro and mint.
- Mix the couscous with tomato, eggplant, cilantro , mint, lemon juice and spices. Sprinkle some olive oil over the salad and finish with pomegranate seeds.
Serve with: Roasted butternut + basil olive oil dressing +
Harissa mayo (=greek yoghurt and harissa paste)