170 g maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp vanilla powder
a big pinch of sea salt
150 g pecans – chopped
100 g hemp seed
50 g flaxseed
160 g dark chocolate (I used 92% chocolate!)
Optional: cacao nibs and rose petals for decoration
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Melt coconut oil and maple syrup in a small pan on low heat. Add vanilla and salt and stir well. Add the nuts and seeds.
- Put the mixture on a baking sheet covered with greaseproof paper and let caramelise until golden brown. (keep an eye on it because it can burn quickly!)
- Melt the chocolate in a pan on low heat.
- Add the caramelised nuts to the melted chocolate.
- Pour the mixture on the baking sheet (you can use the same greaseproof paper you used for the nuts) and finish with cacao nibs and rose petals (optional).
- Allow to cool in the fridge.