2 tbsp coconut oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
200 g red lentils
500 ml vegetable stock
1 can crushed tomatoes (400g)
1 can coconut milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
juice from 1/2 lime
salt & black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add the garlic, ginger and spices. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the lentils, stock and crushed tomatoes.
- Stir and place the lid on.
- Cook on a low heat for 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- Add the coconut milk and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes, then season with lime juice, salt and black pepper.
- Serve with fresh herbs, pomegranate jewels, cashews and rice.