450 g cooked brown lentils
75 g toasted walnuts
2 – 3 tbsp olive oil
1 sweet onion, finely diced
2 tbsp cumin
pepper & salt
olive oil for frying
400 g tomato sauce
- Combine all ingredients for the lentil meatballs in the blender or food processor. Pulse until the mixture is well combined but not smooth. Season to taste with pepper & salt. Form little balls with your hands.
- In a large non-stick cooking pan add some olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the lentil balls and brown lightly on all sides, cooking until they are hot and golden on the outside, about 5 minutes.
- Heat the tomato sauce in a large pot over medium heat and season with pepper, salt and cumin.
- Serve the lentil meatballs with the tomato sauce.
- You can eat it with pasta, bread, …