60 g puy lentils
2 handfuls mixture of wild mushrooms, cleaned
1 bunch watercress, tough stem ends removed
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 chili pepper
- Place lentils in a pot and cover with 3 times the amount of water, bring to a boil. Check on the lentils after 15 minutes and if they are al dente, they are ready. Allow to cool in the fridge for 5 minutes
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their juices, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Wash the watercress.
- Whisk together lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp salt in a large serving bowl; season with pepper. Whisking constantly, pour in oil and whisk until emulsified.
- Add watercress to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Add mushrooms, lentils and finish with finely chopped chili pepper.
→ if you want to eat this salad as a side dish, you can serve it with sardines. They are one of the most concentrated sources of omega-3 fatty acids and they are are one of the best sources of calcium and vitamin D.