100 g butter or coconutoil
140 g honey
1 bio orange
195 g grated carrot
70 g almond flour
250 g spelt flour
1 tbsp baking soda
10 cardamom pods
500 g greek yoghurt
1g c tbsp grated ginger
3 tbsp honey
(optional) almond flakes
- Preheat oven to 170ºC.
- In a bowl beat eggs together with the butter, flours and baking soda.
- Wash the orange and cut the whole orange in big pieces.
- Peel the carrot and cut in pieces.
- Blend the orange and carrot in the blender.
- Fold the orange and carrot in the flour mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine.
- Line a round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool a little in the tin, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- For the icing, mix the yoghurt, ginger and honey until smooth.
- Spread over the cooled cake and top with a handful of almond flakes.