2 tbsp olive oil
salt + pepper, to taste
800 g skin on salmon
1 tablespoon honey
2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
1 tablespoon each: dried thyme + oregano
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
zest of 2 lemons + sliced for cooking
80 ml olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 bundle fresh basil
1/2 bundle fresh cilantro
1 clove of garlic
pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine olive oil, honey, garlic, thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, basil and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Put the salmon on a large rimmed baking sheet. Rub the spice mixture onto the salmon, making sure the salmon is well coated.
- Place in the oven and roast for 10-20 minutes or until the salmon is totally cooked.
- For the basil chimichurri : combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until combined.
- Serve salmon with basil chimichurri.
-> this recipe is inspired by halfbakedharvest.