6 parsnips , peeled and chopped into chunks
1,5 l water or vegetable stock
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tbsp miso paste
pepper & salt to taste
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic. Gently fry for around 10 minutes, until the onions are soft and sweet.
- Drop in the chopped parsnip and stir together so that everything gets coated in the oil and flavours.
- Pour in the water, season well with pepper, salt and miso paste and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes with a lid on.
- After half an hour, check that the parsnips are cooked by sticking a knife in. Remove them from the heat and carefully mix by using a hand blender. Taste the soup to see if it needs a little more salt or pepper.
- Serve with extra pepper and a good chunk of crusty bread.