2 – 3 servings:
600 kg (chicken) minced meat
2 – 3 big potatoes
500 g tomato passata
10 g fresh basil
10 g fresh parsley
100 g ricotta
100 g fresh spinach
3 garlic cloves
250 g mozzarella
- preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Cook the potatoes with the skin on in salted water until a little soft. Do not cook them too far. They should be slightly uncooked so you can slice them. The rest will cook further in the oven.
- In the meantime heat olive oil in a frying pan. Once hot, add the minced chicken meat and cook until well-browned.
- Add the tomato passata and stir. At the end add finely chopped parsley en basil and season with pepper & salt. Put aside.
- Take a big pot and add olive oil. Once hot, add spinach and garlic and stir until the spinach shrinks.
- Stir in the ricotta cheese and let it melt on low heat. Put aside
- Slice the potatoes very thin (You can either use a mandolin or a sharp knife.)
- To assemble the lasagna:
Create the first layer with the potato slices. Make sure to overlap each slice to create an even layer.
Pour out half the meat sauce over the potato slices and spread out evenly.
Top with a thin layer of sliced fresh mozzarella ans season with pepper & salt.
Make a new layer of potatoes.
Pour out the other half of the meat mixture and spread evenly.
Top with the spinach ricotta mixture.
Put mozzarella slices on top and sprinkle some Italian herbs over the cheese (oregano, basil, …)
- Cover with foil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and put a couple of minutes under the grill to have a brown cheese crust.