150 g walnuts
150 g cashews
420 g dates
60 g raw cacao powder
For the ganache:
25 g coconut oil
50 g raw cacao powder
4 tbsp coconut nectar (or maple syrup)
almondmilk or coconut milk
1 tsp sea salt
- Soak the dates in water. As soon as they are soft you can take out the pits.
- Mix the dates in the blender until smooth and put aside.
- Keep some walnuts aside and mix the rest of the nuts and the cacao in the blender adding the date paste while blending. Blend until smooth and sticky.
- Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined dish. Then press down with hands until it is flat and firm.
- Place the brownie in the fridge to chill.
- In the meantime make the ganache: Heat oil in a small saucepan, add cacao and nectar and some almond or coconut milk to make it smooth. Do not use too much milk. It should me thick enough to spread over the brownie. Add salt and set in fridge for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Cover the brownies with ganache and top with additional raw walnuts and cacao. Slice into even squares.