1 stick of celery
500 g precooked red beets
fresh herbs for serving (I used oregano)
smoked salmon for serving (optional)
2 tbsp sour cream or greek yoghurt
0,6 l vegetable stock
pepper & salt
- Cut the beets, carrot, celery and onion.
- Heat a lug of oil in a large casserole pan over a medium heat, add the onions, celery, and carrot and cook for around 10 to 15 minutes, or until the carrots start to soften, stirring regularly.
- Add the red beets and pour over the vegetable stock.
- Let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Mix the soup.
- Serve with smoked salmon (optional), a tbsp sour cream of yoghurt and finish with fresh cilantro.
Inspired by Els who made this soup for the Lidl Foodie Files.