PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
RICE PAPER ROLLS
4 rice papers
100 g (brown) rice noodles
2 cooked red beets
some young spinach leaves
- Make the dipping sauce : blitz everything together in a mini blender.
- Soak the rice noodles in a bowl of hot water for 15 mins, then drain well. Assemble all the prepared filling ingredients.
- When you are ready to make the rolls, dip one of the rice papers in a bowl of hot water, moving it around until the whole wrapper is soft – about 10-15 secs – then drain on a tea towel.
- Place a rice paper on a board and at one edge of the paper, add the humus.
- Place the spinach, followed by some noodles, a few strips of beets and finally some more cilantro leaves. Don’t overfill the pancakes or they will be hard to roll.
- Lift the edge of the rice paper nearest to you over the filling and, holding the filling in position with your fingers, start rolling up tightly.
- When you’re about halfway, fold the ends of the rice paper in and over the filling so that it is completely enclosed.
Or take a look at Uyen here: http://www.jamieoliver.com/videos/vietnamese-summer-rolls-uyen-luu#5mQouLWB1oturLdO.97
- Keep on rolling tightly until the whole rice paper wrapper is rolled up. To serve, cut the rolls in half on the diagonal. Serve it with the dipping sauce.
Of course you can fill this rice papers with whatever you want. You can use quinoa instead of noodles , other vegetables, … Have fun!