125 g spelt flour
250 g rye flour
125 g oats (grounded to flour if you want)
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
350 ml buttermilk
2 tbsp sunflower seed
2tbsp pumpkin seed
2tbsp flax seed
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Put the flours, oats, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and mix together.
- Pour in the buttermilk and use a fork to stir, then as it starts to come together, use your hands to pat and bring the dough together.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place onto a lightly floured baking tray.
- Top it with the seeds.
- Score a cross into the top of the bread with the blunt edge of a knife, then bake in the centre of the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a firm crust has formed and it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.