- sweet potatoes can help you to relax and de-stress
They’re rich in magnesium and Vitamin B6. Magnesium is a nutrient that’s extremely important to lower your stress levels. B vitamins reduce both physical and mental stress.
- they are a good source of Vitamin C
Vitamin C offers support for your immune system, bones and teeth, digestion and blood cell formation. It also helps to accelerate wound healing and improves the appearance of your skin by producing collagen.
- Sweet potatoes are low on the glycemic index, slowly releasing their natural sugars into the blood stream. This helps to ensure a balanced and regular source of energy for the body.
- they support your bones
Sweet potatoes contain small amounts of Vitamin D, a nutrient that helps to build healthy bones, heart, nerves, skin, and teeth. They also contains calcium, a critical component of a healthy skeletal system.
- Sweet potatoes are high in magnesium which is essential for healthy artery, bone, muscle and nerve function.
- they contain iron
iron plays an important role in red and white blood cell production, resistance to stress, proper immune functioning, and the metabolizing of protein.
- supports heart & kidneys
sweet potato contains potassium, an essential electrolyte that helps to regulate your heartbeat and protect and control the activity of your kidneys.
- they’re high in carotenoids, a type of antioxidant, that are the precursors to vitamin A in your body. Vitamin A is essential for healthy eyes, a boosted immunity, and protects you against the effects of aging.
- they are anti-inflammatory
Inflammation is part of the body’s immune response. When it’s out of control it can damage the body.