1 butternut squash, peeled and cut in cubes
2 cloves of garlic
800 ml water or vegetable stock
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
juice of 1/2 lime
pepper & salt to taste
- Heat some oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add in the garlic and onion, and saute until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the ginger and curry paste and stir to combine with the onion and garlic. Cook for 3 more minutes, stirring often.
- Add in the butternut cubes and slowly pour in the water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until butternut is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix the soup until smooth, add lime juice and season with pepper & salt.
Sprinkle with chopped cilantro or chopped peanuts. Or drizzle some coconut milk on top.
Serve warm with Naan bread