1 trout per person
a bunch of rocket salad
fresh dill and parsley
30 g basil leaves
juice of 1 lime
70 ml olive oil
30 g pumpkin seeds
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
pepper & salt
- Put all ingredients for the pesto in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Fill a large pan with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the florets from the broccoli, then cut or break them into bite-sized pieces.
- Once boiling, use a spoon to carefully lower the broccoli into the water.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain over the sink into a colander, then leave to steam dry for a minute.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a big pan over medium-high heat. Add trout and cook until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Turn fish, and cook until it has a golden crust and is flaky and moist, about 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Serve the fish with rocket salad, broccoli and pesto and drizzle over lemon juice, dill and parsley.