2 cans (2 x 400g) of tomato cubes
100 g tomato paste
250 g mushrooms – chopped
2 garlic cloves
500 g minced beef
200 g feta cheese
150 g fresh goat cheese
pepper & salt to taste
2 tbsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
- Put a grill pan on medium high heat.
- With a carrot peeler slice zucchini lengthwise and set aside.
- Slice eggplant lengthwise (works by hand with a knife)
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt. Grill until golden-brown grill marks form, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the eggplant and grill until tender and well marked on the second sides, 3 to 4 minutes more. Set the eggplant aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a large pot, add 2 tsp of olive oil and fry garlic over medium heat.
- Add minced beef and cook until meat is browned. Drain fat and put aside.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste in a large pot and season with pepper, salt, cumin and oregano. Allow sauce to simmer in pot.
- In a frying pan with a little olive oil, sauté mushrooms.
- Put sautéed mushrooms together with the meat.
- Place feta and goatcheese in bowl, stir well until combined. Set aside.
- Get out a pan and smooth a little bit of the tomato sauce along the bottom of the pan.
- Place one layer of zucchini noodles lengthwise across the bottom of the pan
Add the cheese mixture along the top of the zucchini noodles layer:
On top of that, add mushrooms with minced beef:
Top with tomato sauce and cover with grilled eggplant:
Finish with tomato sauce and zucchini.
Cover with nutritional yeast and a good drizzle of olive oil.
Bake uncovered for about 20-30 minutes (or until it starts to bubble around the edges)